Old August 7th 04, 12:02 PM
John Beaderstadt

Default So far Titan a waste

While reading in the bathroom on Sat, 07 Aug 2004 10:22:12 GMT, I saw
that "Bob Schmall" had written:

Someone asked Ben Franklin what was the use of the lightning he had been
researching. Franklin replied, "What is the use of a newborn baby?"

Actually, the conversation concerned an ascent by the Montgolfier
brothers.

However, back to the question at hand, I wonder why the OP apparently
thinks that Saturn is being short-changed, compared to other planetary
probes. Is it his suggestion that we abandon every effort that would
take us beyond earth orbit? Does he really think that any money saved
would be either returned to the taxpayers or otherwise put to more
beneficial use? Does he really think that the amount of money saved
is enough to matter?