Old December 6th 03, 07:09 PM
Allen Thomson

Default HAVE REGION, X-33, SSTO, Urie

I didn't know that Urie was the HAVE REGION guy.

And I didn't know he'd been an SR-71 guy. (Many and varied are
the things I don't know, obviously. So is it now, so shall it
be; the journey is the reward.)

http://www.sverdrup.com/tnaiaa/program/urie.htm
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
invites you to a luncheon meeting featuring a presentation
by

David M. Urie

"From Dreams to Reality - The History of the Idea Behind and Birth
of the X-33 from its Recognized Father/Creator"

Currently president and co-founder of Concept Fusion in Sherman
Oaks, CA, David M. Urie, Jr. retired two years ago after a thirty
year career with Lockheed Martin Corporation. During his Lockheed
career, Urie led teams on such projects as the X-30 National
Aerospace Plane, the HL-20 Personnel Launch System, and was chief
engineer and then program manager of the SR-71 reconnaissance
system before initiating and heading the Single Stage to Orbit
and X-33 Reuseable Launch Vehicle programs. As director of the
Lockheed Martin Skunk Works' SSTO/RLV Advanced Technology
Demonstration Programs, Urie conceived and developed the
aerospike rocket propelled lifting body vehicle that was
selected by NASA on July 2, 1996 as winner of the X-33
flight demonstrator competition. Urie received the 1997 Engineer
of the Year Award from the AIAA for his accomplishments in the
field of aerospace engineering.

Thursday March 18, 1999
Lunch - 11:30 a.m.
Program - 12:00 p.m.