Old August 19th 04, 06:54 PM
Tom Wales

"Ed Majden" wrote in message
Did anyone witness a large fireball last night 18 Aug 2004 Wednesday

at
around 09:15 p.m. local time over Washington State?

Ed Majden
Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay, B.C.

Hi Ed, was it 9:15? I thought it was later but could have been mistaken
about the time. It is getting dark earlier now so I think I just assumed it
was later than that. Where were you at when you saw it? I was atop Blue
Mountain near Sultan getting set up for a night of really dark sky
observing. "unfortunately the clouds rolled in pretty good from the south at
about 1:00am and covered up what I really wanted to see" I posted about this
at 1:30am and you should be able to find my report of it below your post.

Tom Wales