Old August 1st 07, 08:14 PM posted to fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Randy Poe

Default THE ROYAL SOCIETY AND THE OTHER EINSTEIN

On Jul 31, 3:41 am, Pentcho Valev wrote:
On 30 July, 19:12, Randy Poe wrote:

On Jul 30, 11:36 am, Pentcho Valev wrote:

On 30 July, 14:39, Randy Poe wrote:

On Jul 30, 4:23 am, Pentcho Valev wrote:

Some time ago the Royal Society suddenly discovered that Newton was
much greater than Einstein:

http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/news.asp?id=3880

What this actually says is that polls of the public and of
scientists rank Newton higher on the questions they asked.

And I'd give a slight edge to Newton as well.

So what? Are you interpreting this to mean that Newton's
theories are somehow more accurate?

This depends on the validity of Einstein's 1911 equation c'=c(1+V/
c^2):

I suspect you're attributing a prediction to Einstein
which he doesn't actually make.

Which prediction do you mean?

All of them.

That the speed of light varies with the
gravitational potential or that this variability obeys the equation
c'=c(1+V/c^2)?

Nope, that is from a 1911 paper that was superceded by the
1915 general theory of relativity. It is not a prediction of
relativity.

- Randy