Old March 14th 07, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 2805 From Colorado Springs

Rick,

I attached my version of NGC 2805 (8" LX200 at f/6.3, 80x5 minutes) that
encompasses the galaxy trio you mentioned. I'd like to see an allnighter
under dark skies of this faint object.

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I had to look this guy up. Seems there's a neat trio of galaxies 8 minutes
NE that are all tidally interacting with each other and 2805. I tried to
read an article Google found but it wasn't public. Yet Google had cached
it, including the graphics. If interested, put on the hip waders and go
to:
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:ygxuATePYMEJ:www.aanda.org/articles/aa/full/2005/20/aa2261-04/aa2261-04.right.html+ngc+2805&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

I put it in brackets that should make it work without pasting together. If
not it might take a bit of pasting to get to work.

I think I should be able to get all of them in my much larger field of
view. So I'm going to bump this guy to the top of the list if weather
ever permits.

Rick

Rick Johnson wrote:

Doug W. wrote:

I was out all night Mar. 12/13. Fair conditions... at least there was
no frost or dew. As the night started out, FWHM was about 3.4" for this
image.

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/galaxy/ngc2805.htm

Nice one. 3.4" is about my typical seeing but I think the true RC
handles it better than the SCT version does.

Someone's getting good skies this dark of the moon. Please send it this
way. I'm under clouds, rain and snow through the weekend they say.

That's a really weird one. My list just got another addition. I wonder
what that guy collided with.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version