Old July 3rd 03, 03:13 AM
Neil Booker

Default Breaker Binoculars

Hi Martin

Just been to the 'Cash converter' type shop which has these binos for

sale.
Breaker jl#4070 (might be sl#4070) look good and their asking £45.

What is the diameter of the objectives?

70mm

Did you get a look through them? Did you ask to?

No, but would have done if you lot gave them the OK

Did they feel like good value?

Borderline, I'm no expert either which is why I asked here.

Strangely, you have just given me one of those moments
where I've been reminded, by seeing your post, of a dream
I had last night. I get that quite a lot. In this dream,
I was evaluating a pair of cheapish 70mm diameter objective
binoculars with a girl, not sure if my sister or a
girlfriend, by looking through them at half-arm's-length,
holding them both ways round, to assess prism size, baffling,
etc. (I'm no expert, though.) Strange coincidence!

Another dream I had later, just before waking up for the
last time, was very powerful. I watched a big passenger
plane very low and nearby outside, on a street, turn, lose
control, and nosedive into some houses on the next street
to me. It was very vivid. At first, the plane had canards
at the front, but that notion seemed to vanish from the
dream shortly after it had crashed. I hope it wasn't a
premonition! Fortunately I don't really believe in them!

One dream I regularly had was that I was a horse or a dog running fast but
effortlessly over the ground which then falls away and I'm now a bird flying
high. It was at this point I'd think 'Hang on, I was a horse or a dog
running but they don't have wing so how am I flying?' and then wake up. I
looked this dream up and it basically meant that I was going to be
successful. After finding out what it meant I've never had that dream since.
I do hope this one was a premonition. :-)

My dreams got a lot more strange and very detailed when I was prescribed
Seroxat (probably too much info there) but seemed to have return to normal,
err, I mean the way they were no that I'm off it.

Neil
--
P.S. Please remove .nospam from the address to reply