Old October 9th 15, 08:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The only possible references for timekeeping

On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 6:03:07 AM UTC+1, Paul Schlyter wrote:

The stability of the clocks depends on the stability of the
oscillatior. The rotating Earth is no longer our best available
oscillator.

This is what I mean by damaged people.

The facility which converts the average 24 hour day to constant rotation at a rate of 15° per hour via the Lat/Long system is a unique and exquisite example of human innovation at its finest.

People can lunge at the notion that the Earth's rotation is slowing down just as they can lunge at the notion that the Earth is heating up but there is no discipline attached to the assertions nor the conclusions.

I asked a simple question - what is the rotational rate in miles per hour at the Equator if the Earth's circumference is 24901 miles ?. It allows for only one answer based on 15° of geographical separation corresponding to 1 hour time difference yet not a single one of you can give the answer.

Clocks have no foundation other than the dynamics of the Earth and even then only to a close proximity, at least in terms of hours ,minutes and seconds within the framework of the 24 hour day which itself fits into the primary framework of the 1461 day/4 annual cycle system.

I haven't found anyone who can discuss the many major topics in general or in detail and there is a good reason for that.