Old November 18th 04, 07:45 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

(Todd Bandrowsky) :

In the absence of any economic opportunities, the land on Mars isn't

worth
10 cents.

Only a compelling economic opportunity on Mars will make the land worth
anything.

Possession is opportunity. Imagine the world outcry if we Americans
put a man on mars and claimed it for the United States. Immediately
China and Europe would start building their own fleets of ships to
stake their own claims on mars.

But if thier leaders have any brains they will first check out how much money
the US spent, and if it was a stupid 'race to Mars' program wait until there
are no Americans left on Mars before sending their slowly developed lower
cost mission to Mars. Again you are trying to push a space race that no-one
else is interested in PERIOD!

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to