Old March 12th 15, 12:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 3:36:44 PM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
On 3/10/2015 5:10 PM, Double-A wrote:
Another nice day in Gresham. 65F with sun through high clouds. But rain is expected by tomorrow.

Went on the long ride via public transportation yesterday to pick up my final mail from my cousin. On the return trip the train was extremely slow because of construction work being done along the tracks.

Being back in Gresham near the old fairgrounds, I remember how I always won the grand prize ribbon in the 4-H electrical contests. Glen Otto was an electrical engineer who had sons competing against me. He was also the mayor of Troutdale, and went on to become a state senator, but he could never get his sons to beat me in the electrical projects contests!

Double-A

I'm proud of you, AA. Serious. I've seen you go from a homeless,
dumpster-diving, scumbag, to an old man living frugally. A far better fate.

I am building towards my future. A second coming as it were.

Today I am sitting in the grand hallowed halls of the main Multnomah County Library in downtown Portland. The Multnomah County library card I got in Gresham now allows me to use any Multnomah County library. After lunch with Kim at Pioneer Place, it is only a few blocks away.

Cloudy skies in Portland today with some periods of rain. Presently 60F and calm here in the rose city.

Oregon's Dave Frohnmayer has died. He was president of the University of Oregon (Ducks) until 2009. He was Oregon's Attorney General from 1981 until 1991. He tried to run for Oregon Governor in 1990, but lost to Barbary Roberts. He beat our friend Sen. John Lim in the primary. Barbara Roberts was the 2nd wife of state Sen. Frank Roberts. His first wife was Betty Roberts who was my professor at MHCC. She went on to being a Justice on Oregon's Supreme Court.

Double-A