Old March 15th 10, 11:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: Returning from the crypt and three first lights

Richard,

you certainly got a good image in spite of the low QE. With the exposure
times you are used to the low QE probably can be compensated for.

Stefan

"Richard Crisp" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m...
This has been a long spell of no imaging for me. I last was able to image
on the evening of Jan 1

Since then I have been inundated with either bad weather, too many chores
or international travel.

Saturday things changed.

I got to test the AP155EDF with the Proline 39000Mono finally under some
decent skies. Seeing wasn't great but it was clear and dark.

I used an Halpha filter and got this shot of the Rosette, a bit late in
the season. I managed to get 14 x 15 minutes.

It was first light for my new AP guidescope. I had a bad storm in January
that blew over my system in its cover. The only things damaged when it hit
the rain-soaked ground were the drawtube for the guidescope (since
straightened and a replacement procured from AP) and the scope cover, that
I had to cut in order to disassemble the system. The wind had no problem
blowing over the system but I could not lift it as a single piece so I had
to cut the cover in order to disassemble it.

In the meantime a friend sold me his AP guidescope so now I have two of
them.

We had a newborn on Saturday morning. So this little fellow also had
"first light" on Saturday. It was about 4-6 hours old when the photo was
taken.

The 39MP is a bit low on the QE side at 22% so at 3.5 hours the data is a
bit thin. Still it is fantastic to have such nice resolution over a
largish FOV. I get the same FOV with this AP155EDF/PL39KM as I do with the
KAF8300 at 400mm or the KAF3200 at 300mm, but at much higher resolution.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...LI_ha_page.htm