Old July 7th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military
Rand Simberg[_1_]

Default Brad Guth's Credentials

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:47:39 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Malcolm
Reynolds" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Does anyone know if Brad has a family that is aware of his "issues"?

From what I've seen over the past few days his problems seem to
be worsening. It could be a normal cyclical thing, but it also might be
something that's degenerating to the point where he poses a danger
to himself or others.

On a good day, it's fun to poke and ridicule him over his inane gibberish,
but on one of his bad days, he makes you wonder if he even has a clue
as to what reality is.

It concerns me as well. We had another poster a few years ago who was
obviously bipolar. On his good days, he was quite lucid--no more off
than most Democrats. ;-)

But it was clear that he would go into a manic state on other days,
and we often wondered if there was some way to get him help. There
were even private email discussions among some of the group elders and
mods about it.

The problem with Brad is that his problem seems to be pretty
continuous (though it is certainly possible that he's getting
worse--one has to be a long-time reader to know, and I can't have an
opinion, because he's been in my killfile for years now).

That's one of the really sad things about Usenet--that you can watch
someone mentally deteriorate before thousands of people, and be
completely helpless.