Old October 17th 17, 08:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Supernova and the birth of a solar system

Seeing this thread has been destroyed I finish it with a comment. I watched the BBC morning program where a theorist tried to dazzle the presenters with so much extreme and exotic notions that they were probably thankful to escape the interview but what would once have seemed a novelty in small doses becomes desperate.

I left the relativity forums once I saw the hilarious reasons the originator of relativity proposed a 'warped space' in an era where galaxies as separate stellar islands had yet to be observed, at least conclusively -

"As regards space (and time) the universe is infinite. There are stars everywhere, so that the density of matter, although very variable in detail, is nevertheless on the average everywhere the same. In other words: However far we might travel through space, we should find everywhere an attenuated swarm of fixed stars of approximately the same kind and density.

This view is not in harmony with the theory of Newton. The latter theory rather requires that the universe should have a kind of centre in which the density of the stars is a maximum, and that as we proceed outwards from this centre the group-density of the stars should diminish, until finally, at great distances, it is succeeded by an infinite region of emptiness. The stellar universe ought to be a finite island in the infinite ocean of space.

This conception is in itself not very satisfactory. It is still less satisfactory because it leads to the result that the light emitted by the stars and also individual stars of the stellar system are perpetually passing out into infinite space, never to return, and without ever again coming into interaction with other objects of nature. Such a finite material universe would be destined to become gradually but systematically impoverished."

http://www.bartleby.com/173/30.html

Making things up as they go along, theorists don't have integrity and that is lethal for any creative or productive research notwithstanding the many drones that support he voodoo and bluffing. Anyone can read that effin rubbish from 1920 and laugh but all I see are those screaming away from their behind their keyboards