Old September 20th 03, 07:53 PM
Rand Simberg

Default The Non-Innovator's Dilemma

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:48:47 CST, in a place far, far away, "Misguided
Hairball" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

http://www.techcentralstation.com/091903E.html

"Rand Simberg"

That's the title of my latest column at Tech Central Station, in which
I discuss why the economics of OSP make no sense.

Well, you said it was expensive.

"if the agency continues to ignore the pent-up demand for public space travel,
it risks irrelevancy"

NASA will continue to ignore public space travel. Public space travel is an
irrevelancy.

To who? You?

Who cares what you think?

We do not pursue manned spaceflight with the goal of inventing a
new public curiosity.

How do you know what we pursue manned spaceflight for?