Old September 20th 03, 07:52 PM
Rand Simberg

Default The Non-Innovator's Dilemma

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:49:26 CST, in a place far, far away,
(Arthur Hansen) made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

"Dr. O" wrote in message ...
Let's be reasonable: there isn't any economic sense in human spaceflight, at
least not the way we are doing it now. Everyone knows that the OSP won't be
significantly cheaper (although it may be *more* expensive, as your article

OSP isn't about making it incredibly cheap for anyone else, it's about
making it "less" expensive for NASA and the US and (now) much safer
than the Shuttle.

The problem is, as my column points out, it won't. At least not the
less expensive part. Whether it will be safer remains to be seen. I
have my doubts, but I also think that safety shouldn't trump
everything else, so that's another dumb reason to do OSP.

interglobal space lines * 307 733-1715 (Fax)
http://www.interglobal.org