Old January 7th 18, 09:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Anders Eklöf

Default What the direct/retrograde motion of Venus looks like

Gerald Kelleher wrote:

http://www.popastro.com/images/plane...July%202010-Ja
nuary%202012.jpg

The dovetailing between orbital perspectives and timekeeping and
specifically proof of the Earth's annual circuit of the Sun is founded on
the transition from an evening to a morning appearance of the stars close
to the orbital plane or the faster moving Venus and Mercury.

I cannot imagine any adult being unable to make the call on the transition
of the stars from an evening to morning appearance due solely to the
orbital motion of the Earth. As a location passes through the circle of
illumination it sees all objects to the left of the Sun so that when an
observer continues to rotate they exit the circle of illumination and see
the stars and celestial objects to the right of the Sun.

This is utterly incomprehensible - and I seriously doubt it's because
English is my second language. If you can rephrase to readable English I
could possibly figure out if I agree with you. But I guess not.

"dovetailing"?
"circle of illumination"?
"direct/retrogrades resolution"?

My impression is the you are fighting windmills.
Which you construct yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeQwYrfmvoQ&t=30s

How to ignore proof of the Earth's orbital motion while simultaneously
ignoring the direct/retrogrades resolution of the faster moving planets
along with phases/size increases is delinquency of the highest order in
astronomy or any other science.

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour