Old August 23rd 14, 06:37 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff[_2_]

Default Dream Chaser, any chance of this actually being flown?

I think anyone who is not an astronaut by first choice might appreciate not
being landed in a tin can in the see or the middle of nowhere as the
Russians do.
Having heard a recording of a Soyuz re-entry it seems to be quite a ride,
with lots of bangs thuds buffeting, and other noises and quite a large
amount of g's, and the rather undignified roll over after the landing
rockets fire.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Jeff Findley" wrote in message
In article , says...

Reading the recent press stuff from nasa, although I cannot quite put my
finger in on it one gets the serious feeling that Boiing and Space X are
getting preferential treatment to some extent. The lifting body idea is
not
new of course but obviously requires more money to get it to be viable as
robust design, and they seem to be behind in the 'race' so to speak.
Brian

I'd say it's very hard to tell at this point who NASA favors. There are
certainly those within NASA who believe that the one true way for
astronauts to return to earth is to land on the runway at Edwards AFB or
(even better) at the former space shuttle runway at KSC.

Jeff