Old June 12th 13, 10:25 PM posted to sci.space.history
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Off-World Metallicity and The Next Great Super-Duper Thing / Brad Guth

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:23:29 AM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
Clearly the off-world future is not ours, and the next generation will

be stuck with the consequences as well as the tab, no matters what.

On Jun 10, 4:06*am, Brad Guth wrote:

This one is falling too far below the topic index stack, but you K-12s

and other folks can help keep it alive by contributing a little

something.

On May 28, 5:34*pm, Brad Guth wrote: There’s lots of cosmic produced iron going every which way, plus more

of just about everything else making new stars, planets, planetoids,

moons and otherwise there’s always exploding stars plus numerous rocky

collisions creating those pesky asteroids by the trillions per year,

not to mention the ongoing creation of helium which doesn’t naturally

bind with anything.

An initial star like our sun likely started off at 2.2e30 kg, quickly

getting rid of 2e29 kg worth of elements heavier than hydrogen and

helium within the first months or possibly even within the first few

days, whereas some (less than 10%) of that tossed or centrifugal

ejected mass became planets, moons, planetoids and assorted asteroids,

with a great extent of everything else sent packing as ISM blown far

away by those initial solar winds of 3000 km/sec.

If the IGM offers ionized hydrogen, then it also has to offer ionized

helium and pretty much a little of everything else to speak of, along

with more of the same arriving as stars merge or collide and others of

substantial initial mass (20+ SM) that simply self-terminate by

exploding.

5e11 galaxies, each producing 2 stars worth of SN per century

13e7 centuries X 2 = 2.6e8 X 5e11 = 1.3e20 SM

1.3e20 X 2e30 = 2.6e50 kg (many would likely round that up to 3e50 kg)

of ISM + IGM contributed to whatever was already available. *BTW; most

SNs are those stars of much greater mass (10+ MS), so that’s at least

another tenfold or even averaging as a twentyfold multiplier of what’s

getting dumped back into the ISM and IGM, making those SN

contributions worth at the very least 3e51 kg and possibly as great as

1e52 kg by now.

Supposedly it takes a minimum of 1e3 SM worth of molecular/nebula

cloud mass in order to produce a given star, though many of

astrophysics expertise would also consider 1e6:1 as necessary for

creating those stars of greater mass than our sun, and of course the

vast majority of stars are those smaller and more red dwarf

classified. *So, probably the average ratio of IGM and ISM per star is

somewhat closer to 1e4:1 (though possibly worth 1e5:1 of Jeans Mass),

and most of that original IGM+ISM by rights should still be out there

as ionized particles along with a great deal of rogue/nomad helium

because, that’s an element being continually created on the fly.

Matter initially ejected from stars, as added to the existing

inventory of ISM and IGM gas, combined with ongoing stellar ejected

material, and that's seriously a lot of stellar mass released as ISM

and IGM in addition to the already substantial ISM and IGM of

molecular/nebula gas (mostly hydrogen and helium) that simply had to

already exist to a very large extent. *So, as far as I can tell, if

anything our universe has too much ordinary mass to contend with,

which eventually is going to represent a very bad thing as galaxies

upon galaxies merge back into the likes of the relatively nearby Great

Attractor, whereas thousands of galaxies will merge and likely form

into yet another hoard of quasars, like the Huge-LQG of 6.1e18 SM.

A little extra deep thought, is that without helium our planet would

be relatively dead in the water, so to speak, and for the most part it

seems that our indoctrinated K-12s don’t even have a clue about the

values of helium. *Without that very special element of helium, most

of modern science, physics and medical advancements couldn’t have

happened, and if Earth suddenly ran itself out of helium or having

made its limited availability way too spendy, we’d be in a world of

hurt as well as our planet being of less mass and a world measurably

colder without a sufficiently active geothermal core of uranium and

thorium necessary for creating helium.

In a few other brief words, an exoplanet w/o helium is likely a very

dead planet, or at best poorly advanced compared to civilized planets

w/helium. *Lucky for us, our physically dark and naked moon is a

helium treasure trove, and whatever else our moon doesn’t have, the

extremely nearby planet Venus should more than make up for.

The OCO mission would have been a great help, but then it would have

also pointed out the artificial ventings and their enormous thermal

waste taking place, as well as mapping the various industrial

pollution along with their unavoidable thermal contributions, and

obviously Big Energy wanted none of that coming back to bite them.

Once again, our K-12s simply don’t have a clue, and by the time

they’re in charge, it’ll once again be too late because, the dastardly

deeds have already been established into the mainstream matrix that

they’re now very much part of and deeply indebted to.

On Apr 11, 9:43*am, Brad Guth wrote: On Feb 10, 3:36*pm, Brad Guth wrote:

On Dec 13 2012, 7:43*am, Brad Guth wrote:

Going off-world is at most as close as our moon, although Venus at

only 110 LD(lunar distance) isn't hardly all that much further.

*Thumbnail images of Venus, including mgn_c115s095_1.gif (225 m/

pixel)

*http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/th...humbnails.html

*Lava channels, Lo Shen Valles, Venus from Magellan Cycle 1

*http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/ht...115s095_1.html

*http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hi...c115s095_1.gif

*“Guth Venus”, at 1:1, then 10x resample/enlargement of the area in

question:

*https://picasaweb.google.com/bradgut...18595926178146

*https://picasaweb.google.com/bradgut...79402364691314

*http://translate.google.com/#

*Brad Guth,Brad_Guth,Brad.Guth,BradGuth,BG,Guth Usenet/”Guth

Venus”,GuthVenus

*“GuthVenus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in

question:

*https://picasaweb.google.com/1027362...Guth#slideshow...

Terraforming the moon underground:

It's probably close to averaging -0- F (255 K) at no greater than 10

meters deep, and it shouldn't have any problems reaching 70 F (day o...

The oligarchs in charge (many of them ZNR/GOP types) get to say what's important and what isn't.