Old October 1st 03, 02:12 PM
Jon Isaacs

Default Limiting Magnitude in Binoculars

Pardon me, but "CN" has no meaning to me. Is it a journal, a website or
a magazine?

CN= www.cloudlynights.com
The mag 1 improvement from a 60mm to a 100mm instrument
makes one feel the extra weight and money is not worth it.

1 magnitude improvement, a factor of 2.5, is about what one would expect when
moving from a 6 inch to a 10 inch telescope, proportionally the same change,
obviously a significant increase in capability. In my experience certainly
worth the effort and expense.

Note that going from 40mm binos to 50mm binos is a only a 1/2 magintude
improvement mathamatically but again, the difference is obvious.

jon isaacs