Old November 9th 10, 03:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M17

On 11/8/2010 3:26 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
I wanted to image some open clusters on September 17 when I realised that
M17 should be in the short "window" between two houses where I can image
such southern objects.
I managed to grab 8x5 minutes.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Skywatcher ED120 w. 0.85 reducer on a
H-EQ5 Synscan mount, SXV-H9 camera with a Baader 7nm Halpha filter, 8x5
minutes.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/M17-8x5Hagut.jpg

Stefan

That came out well for your skies. I tried it years ago but seeing just
wasn't up to it. Never been back as every time I try seeing is 4".

Rick