Old March 14th 08, 10:07 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default life on the ISS

Well, I understand Mir used tohave a very interesting odour.

I'd imagine washing is rather as one would do in hospital, wet cloth or
similar. You can dry things but the adding of too much moisture in the air
might overload the dehumidifiers a bit.

There are always tests for airborne spores and bacteria, so they have
obviously thought this through to some extent. Some upgraded hygene
equipment would beneeded for any long stay off planet I'd have thought, so I
expect someone is working on it somewhere!

Brian

Email:

wrote in message
I thought the russian service module was equipped with all kinds of
hygienic stuff...
They wash themselves by hand only then? For several months?

What does the space station smell like from inside?