Old March 13th 08, 08:18 PM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley

Default life on the ISS

wrote in message
Maybe it's not a regular washing machine, but along with taking a
shower to clean the sweat and stuff, you obviously need to change
clothes. And since there's no space or payload capacity to launch 90
pairs of trousers and shirts and underwear and socks for each
astronaut, I'm thinking they must have something to clean the cloths.

Nope. No washing machine and I don't believe there is a shower either. The
shower on Skylab turned out to be a lot harder to use than you'd think. It
reportedly took a long time to vacuum up the water droplets on yourself, and
the inside of the shower.

Maybe a few seconds in the airlock?

Nope, they re-use some articles of clothing for multiple days, but
everything they wear comes up clean and ends up being thrown out with the
trash.

Jeff
--
A clever person solves a problem.