Old September 14th 06, 07:35 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Default 2 spacewalks at the same time?

For a start, one lot would have to use Russian suits, as the cycling of the
Quest twice is too complex and if a problem occurred where all needed to
come in, its not big enough!

Note to designers, make bigger airlocks cos the trash they bring in takes up
more room than the crew!

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Brian Heil" wrote in message
Anybody know if they have ever considered having 4 spacewalkers
outside on station assembly missions? I'd think the 2 airlocks could
support this without problems (for that matter what stops them from
cycling Quest multiple times?). They managed 3 on STS-49 but I'm
guessing the choreography and communications might be an issue.

It'd be cool to see 4 suits climbing around ISS!