Old July 19th 19, 05:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Niklas Holsti

Default SpaceX Capsule Explosion

On 19-07-19 18:13 , David Spain wrote:
On 7/19/2019 9:19 AM, Niklas Holsti wrote:

They might even use propulsive landing for cargo flights.

I forgot about the landing legs that are needed for that. They may have
been removed from the Dragon2 design and might be hard to refit.

If that was the plan before replacing the check valve(s) with burst
disks, I wonder if that remains the plan?

If so it would imply that they (SpaceX) intended to fly all the way down
with pressurized engines all along anyway,

AIUI, there is an actuated valve at the He tank, before the check
valves, which would not be opened until just before the SuperDracos are
fired. So the engines would not be pressurized until needed.

--
Niklas Holsti
Tidorum Ltd