Old February 17th 07, 04:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default monoculars cut down from binoculars

On Feb 9, 7:07 am, "chezruss" wrote:
hi
ive got a pair of binoculars that i thought about canniblising into a
monoocular.
its not complete sacriledge as the 2 sides dont focus at the same
point anyway, and also my idea is to keep size to minimum.
anyone ever try this or have an opinion.

thanks chezruss

Cutting a pair binoculars in half to make two finders works just fine.
A lot people go to rummage/garage sales to buy binoculars for just
this reason. I have half a binocular on one of my scopes. Stripping
out the optical parts from the shell can provide a wealth of useful
optical parts. If the shell is broken up you can use the lens and
eyepiece to make a dandy finder/