Old April 10th 04, 02:13 PM
bob haller

Default Monitoring ISS Air-to-Ground

So, your strategy is pretty much to predict disaster- then, on the rare
occasion that it occurs, you can milk it for years with "I told you so"?

I didnt predict columbia will disengrate on return.

I said clearly that management had gotten sloppy with too many reports after
flights of nearly lost vehicles and crew.

This was a sure sign of a systemic trouble.

As I said at the time if nearly every time you use a tool you come close to
killing or hurting yourself the tool isnt the triouble its a operator error.

In columbias case go fever became more important than safe flying. keeping too
the budget more important than safe flying.

Did you know NASA is running behind creating that new safety oversite board?
If they were here now the noise might be a bigger concern
Hey this is my opinion