Old April 10th 04, 10:16 AM
bob haller

Default Monitoring ISS Air-to-Ground

In other words, they should look outside for utterly no reason
whatsoever.

D.

Ahh you dont get it, and I am wasting my time. The unknown noise is the reason.

If something really bad occurs the post mortem investigation will be asking why
didnt we take a look.

Your line of reasoning sounds remarkably like columbias managers and in orbit
imaging.

Both you and columbias were mistakes.

Dont get me wrong I hope its the ventilating fan. Buit what if its a outer skin
panel being heated by a reflection and the next time that noise is heard is the
last we ever hear from the station and crew.

Just WHAT is nasa going to be left with?

First the co dependency of the station and shuttle means both programs are
certinally over. Meanwhile we have the death watch for the station pieces
deorbiting.

Imagine the outrage if people get killed.

So Mr O Keefe you were in charge of nasa at the time? Yes mr congressman...

The noise which later was found to be the buckling of a outer skin panel, that
noise was heard repeatedly was it not?

Yes sir it was. Why didnt the crew take a look? We didnt believe it important
enough...

It was part of a managenment error between the US and Russia. There was no
clear chain of command.

Well how about the lives lost in various countries as the pieces deorboted?
Here we have the photo of NY city. This one rivals the destruction of 9-11

Yes sir I am well familiar with that.

Derek, if such the unthinkable occured do you believe nasa as a agency would
survive?

Would manned space survive?

Nasa and russia has a responsiblity to everyone on earth to operate that
station as safely as possible. Since it could do damage to anyone in its ground
track.

Yeah call me chicken little, many did BEFORE coulumbia

Hey this is my opinion