Old December 25th 15, 05:21 PM posted to sci.astro
[email protected]

Default The castle of knowledge.

I was thinking of reading the castle of knowledge, but already looking at the illustrated frontpage i feel a bit confused.

http://rlv.zcache.co.nz/frontispiece...yvr_1024 .jpg

I know of the spear of longinus, but what is the sphere of detunye "sphere of destiny?" never heard of it.

The man Robert Recorde really a riddler?

I can see the wheel of fortuna somehow hints at torque, and i am not sure what the actual belt in the sphere of destiny supposed to be is it axial tilt and the 26 000 year wobble?

And i am also a bit baffeled by the side quotes of the illustration.

"Whole governor is knowledge"
"Whole ruler is ignorance"

I got the impression that the author try to convey some sort of message, but maybe there is no message and i just try to hard.

Someone who actually read it and understood what the author try to convey?
I must say i find the symbolic illustration intruiging the only thing i could think of was "ignorance is bless".

At least he seem to put the two things at equal foot in the illustration.