Old May 21st 04, 02:08 AM
don findlay

Default Gulf of Tomini

(Axel Harvey) wrote in message . com...
Is the Teluk Tomini - the gulf on the Equator surrounded by the
graceful arc of Sulawesi (the Celebes) - possibly an impact crater?
(I am not referring to volcanic craters.)

"The radial-concentric structure is an intriguing one, and invites
consideration of the impact option. "
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/re/looking.html

The problem with it being an impact structure is the protracted growth
of all the related elements - unless we can think of the aftermath of
really big impacts happening in 'slow motion'. If it is an impact
structure, the most likely candidate was the Moon, when the Earth was
much smaller: impact ignites some sort of nuclear fire in the core.
Maybe?