Old November 18th 03, 02:03 PM
[email protected] \(formerly\)

Default "Pioneer anomalous acceleration" and Cassini

Dear Volker Hetzer:

"Volker Hetzer" wrote in message

"George Dishman" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

The hydrogen in space is almost entirely the plain vanilla
flavour that takes more energy to contain than you get out.
Disappointing, but that's the problem in a nutshell.

Maybe that's so with current technology, but since all those stars
seem to manage all right I think it's just so that we haven't figured
out a working concept yet.

We have a working concept, allright. We just don't have a container for
the created neutrons. Magnetic bottles don't do a very good job with
uncharged particles. The stars use gravity, which cares only for mass.
Neutrons have mass...

David A. Smith