Old July 4th 07, 02:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: news from SBIG

"Richard Crisp" wrote...

http://www.sbig.com/sbwhtmls/announc...rowband_f2.htm

looks like a great move from them.

Richard,

Thanks. I missed that one! I'll have to start saving my pennies!! The
equipment available just keeps getting better and better.

BTW: At NEAF the SBIG guys told me, that despite what the say
officially, my old AO-7 *will* work on the smaller chip STL cameras, (like
my 1301E) just not the 11k and 6303. I will need to have an adapter
machined, and they said that if the software didn't work they would re-write
CCDops so that it would. However, I still think I'll end up with an AO-L at
some point, perhaps using one of SBIG's new OAG's or their new 'artificial
star' technique. However, I already have a Lumicon giant OAG that might
work.

George N