Old September 20th 05, 03:30 AM
Ron Bauer

Default Is anything on this new launch system reusable?

The Saturn V was replaced by a reusable space shuttle. This was a big
selling point of the shuttle system. Now we have this shuttle derived
exploration vehicle and nothing is reusable! I assume they will still
refurbish the solid rockets, but what about the main engines? Will they be
dumped into the ocean like the Saturn V first stage engines? Will the CEV
capsule be reusable? Why not use a lifting body instead of a capsule?

I think it's great that we're going back to the moon, but
I don't think we'll be seeing SSTO for the foreseeable future.