Old October 18th 04, 03:10 PM

Jim Oberg wrote:
Does this render the Sensenbrenner anti-proliferation constraint

on NASA purchase of Russian space stuff moot?

The attempt to control which contries can and cannot have
nuclear weapons is, in my opinion, as pointless as the
1920s-era controls on naval fleets. It didn't work then.
I don't think we should expect it to work now.

The countries that get nukes will discover, if they don't
already know, that they won't be able to use them.

As for your question. U.S. consumers long ago chose to
finance foriegn companies by buying their goods. Corporations
are merely joining in by outsourcing their jobs now. NASA will
soon have no choice but to participate since U.S. technology
is starting to fall behind that provided by companies outside
the U.S.

- Ed Kyle