Old December 9th 18, 11:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Lat/Long system for Mars continued

On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 1:20:01 PM UTC-7, David Goldfarb wrote:
In article ,
Quadibloc wrote:
On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 6:05:47 AM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

If you have a Prime Meridian then it is implicit that a Martian

dateline exists
as it does on Earth -

Why, yes. And Isaac Asimov even wrote a short story about it.

Wasn't that Poul Anderson? The date line on Mars was a plot point
in "The Martian Crown Jewels". I don't remember Asimov using it,
although it's possible my memory is failing me.

Oh, my memory could have failed me.

John Savard