Old March 28th 07, 03:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Default ASTRO: Lunar mosaic (1800x1811, RAW)

Another Lunar mosaic, this time taken in RAW format.
And yes, again I missed a small part ;-)

And something funny: in the left middle part there is a small hard, vertical
line. I though it to be a hair or something so I was busy with removing it.
But while doing that I thought that it was a very clear line? So used the
Virtual Moon Atlas and turned out that it is a fault line called Rupes
Recta, 114 km long, 300 m high and with this moonphase it's especially
visible :-)

Exposure 25/100, F2.9, ISO 64. Mosaic is build out of 12 photographs.
Bynostar 130-900 Newton, 40 mm eyepiece, FujiFilm S5500 camera, camera
mount.

--
Menno

Attached Thumbnails