Old January 19th 08, 07:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 2976

that's disappointing to hear of your problems with your telescope Stefan.
Now that Meade has cut production on several of their models, I hope that
you can get yours fixed properly and soon.

The image looks nice!

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
This is the first light (except for some test shots) for my new Meade 10"
LX200R optics. As I mentioned in another post the scope has been sent back
to the dealer because it doesn't hold collimation. The dealer promised
that
I would get another one for exchange, but Meade told me it's not possible,
so I'll have to wait until this one is repaired. Actually considering that
collimation was a bit rough for this shot it didn't come out bad.
I had some unusual tracking problems in declination though. The guidestar
did jump a few pixels to the south every few minutes.

NGC 2976 taken from the middle of Berlin with a 10" LX200R at f/6.3
(Celestron f/6.3 reducer), G11 mount, SXV-H9 camera, 41x5 minutes.

Colour version will follow.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp/2976-41x5gut.jpg

Stefan