Old March 9th 04, 06:06 PM
Eric Chomko

Default OT: JFK books (was Pres. Kerry's NASA)

Terrell Miller ) wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote in message
: ...

: But they never provd Oswald fired a shot due to the lack of powder burns.
: And the match to Oswald's gun was done days later after several vollyes
: back and forth between Dallas and DC with the evidence. The screwups smack
: big-time of a coverup.

: "coverup" "conspiracy". I would be the first to agree that there was a
: coverup of lots of things by the FBI, Secret Service, etc. But what they
: were covering was only their own asses for failing to protect POTUS,
: especially since the guy who did it was someone that the FBI had been
: keeping tabs on. That's the kind of thing that makes a government official
: crap his pants, so everybody was busy pointing fingers and trying to pretend
: they didn't make any mistakes.

It is deeper than that. They went out of their way to cover up the fact
that there had been a coup. They HAD to describe the assassination as a
lone nut killing. Further, the intelligence that was created out of Mexico
City had them compromised on that point. It forced the issue of a coverup.
What the conspirators didn't expect was that the US would not invade Cuba
after the assassination as was their plan by trying to lay the blame on
Castro. No invasion further admits that the assassination was a coup of
domestic orgins.

: That is orders of magnitude different than saying that JFK was murdered by a
: conspiracy, however. CTers never seem to understand the difference, mainly
: because none of them seem to have any common sense.

We don't all agree on every point, but that doesn't mean that LHOLN is
correct. The Lone Nut Theory has little leeway for interpretation. And
that is part of its problem. It is a theory with an answer and then the
facts must be twisted in order to fit the conclusion.

: : On the same token Oswald said to Dohrenschildt (who would up
: : dead supposedly of suicide before testifying to the HSCA back in
: : 78) that he liked Kennedy and his politics.
:
: : He liked Kennedy's politics so much he tried to start a Fair Play
: : for Cuba chapter in New Orleans.
:
: That whole ting was a charade. Didn't you see the film JFK where Oswald's
: literature had Bannister's address stamped on it? An anti Castro operation
: tolerating Oswald renting a room in their building?!?!? Sheep-dipping!

: Eric, if you're basing your opinions on that movie you are truly beyond
: help. Stone readily admitted that he wasn't interested in presenting an
: objective analysis of the case, he was just mythologizing it. IOW, he wasn't
: making a documentary, he was making a *drama*.

A drama based upon the events of the day. Sure he didn't get every single
fact correct. But the basics are there.

: Put it this way: Kevin Costner crying and making an impassioned speech to
: the jury about th eloss of his country or whatever is much more gripping and
: "good theater" than Costner reading off a long list of facts about the case.
: That's all Stone cared about, was the melodrama.

Heck, why not just say that you're sick of hearing "back and to the
left" and therefore it all must be false? That is the lone nutter creed,
you know.

: : Eric, there were plenty of people there. People *do* have memories.
: : Appendix XI of the WCR reproduces various reports of Oswald's
: : interrogation.
:
: But no one felt that it should be written down. Why?

: sigh now you're just being argumentative for the hell of it. We've
: patiently explained all this to you several times in this thread. If you
: need attention this badly, why don't you go down to your local bar and chat
: up the waitress or something?

: : What makes you think that my scepticism got tossed? Because I
: : didn't come to the same conclusions you did?
:
: No, because you haven't shown the ability to look at things objectively.
: That appears to be a symptom of those that believe in the LNT.

: irony meter offscale high here

You've seen the Zapruder film and watched the head snap, yet you are
convinced a shot came from the right front. Who is the one with the closed
mind?

: : "It can't happen
: : here" is at the root of your belief that Kennedy was killed by a
: : lone nut.
:
: : And how, pray tell, could you possibly know that?
:
: Is the US capable of having a coup on its soil?

: capable, sure. Compelling evidence this has ever happened, nope.

More than enough in the JFK assassinaton.

: : : I treat official pronouncements from the US government with
: : : great scepticism *regardless* of the conclusions drawn.
: :
: : You seem to give the WC findings a pass in this case.
:
: : Really, why does it seem that way? Because I don't reject their
: : findings out of hand?
:
: No, because you don't question them.

: part of the scientific method is to always querstion your assumptions and
: conclusions. That, however, is very different from *rejecting* them just
: because you don't like what they say.

Do you know when the magic bullet theory was created? It was in 1964 many
months after the assassination.

: So for the LNT/WCR/yadda, of course you should question the conclusion that
: Oswald acted alone. And as I've repeatedly stated, there are lots of little
: details that the WC muffed. But the hypothesis has not been falsified (in
: the scientific meaning of the term, i.e. proven to be inaccurate), so we
: must continue to accept it as valid.

Some do, most don't.

: : Penn Jones spent half a lifetime putting together a list of
: : starnge deaths in the case.
:
: : None of which are strange, many of which are "in the case" only by
: : the most tenuous of connections, and one which might not even be a
: : death.
:
: Who is on Jones' list that isn't dead?

: At least one: Karen "Little Lynn" Carlin, one of Ruby's strippers, who also
: went under the name Teresa Nichols. Marrs included both names on his list,
: though they were in fact the same person. Carlin testified to the WC *after*
: the supposed date of her death (for which there are no records), and in 1992
: someone claiming to be Carlin got in touch with Gary Shaw, though there was
: no way to corroborate that person's identity).

Geez, someone uses an alias and there is a foulup. Hardly grounds for
tossing the whole thing as false.

Eric

: --
: Terrell Miller