Old September 15th 17, 09:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Default Cassini Demise is Dumb !

Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Barry Schwarz wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 10:48:16 -0400, SteveGG
wrote:

Why not just let it orbit and be available
for future scientists, historians, public, etc.

All that crap about contamination and pollution
is just so much BS !

What does available mean when the system is out of fuel?

If it truly is out of fuel, it's going down anyway.
So it's a bit self-gratifying for NASA to tell us that they are doing
this noble deed of plunging it into the planet deliberately to save the
moons from contamination.
....But I guess they have to rationalize those billions of dollars every
year, somehow.....especially after sending up a filthy satellite to
begin with.

*** That's why NASA hires experienced Space Engineers and not Spaced
Out and opinionated know-it-alls like you.
Just as with the Jupiter probe of about a decade ago, which took
valuable data when it plunged into the planet until it succumbed to the
progressively increasing pressures of the interior, the Cassini entry
point can be carefully selected for reasons only NASA has an explanation
for. However, I must admonish them for not clearing this with you and
your apparently vast reservoirs of planetary experience, knowledge and
familiarity with the Space Time Continuum.
Just because you watch a 5 hour propaganda clip of 9/11 does not make
you an expert on anything.

Ya right.
NASA has reasons for everything they sell you.
I keep telling you that.
They have to justify the billions of dollars they take from the taxpayers
every year.

Next you will be telling us that G.W. knew that 9/11 was about to happen,
and just allowed it so that they would know where the security holes were
that might allow terrorists to fly planes into buldings.
And then they used that knowledge to make sure it doesn't happen in the
future.
IT WAS RESEARCH.

That I am not stupid enough to swallow the fake news they pawn off to you
with no problem, satisfies me to no end.