Old April 30th 16, 03:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default Telling the truth about the term 'planet'

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 5:16:30 PM UTC-7, Quadibloc wrote:
On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 12:10:07 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Gerald is still unable to say why he thinks that quote from Newton is
intetesting. Gerald agreed thst the planets always go around the sun in the
same direction, and that we see spparent retrograde motion from earth, which is
exsctly what Newton said. He was quite right.

Well, I've been trying to figure it out, reading between the lines.

But he has, in some of his posts, made specific criticisms of that Newton
quote. One is that an observer on the Sun is clearly imaginary. That's true,
such an observer would have hot feet!

Why this matters, of course, is mysterious.

John Savard

Gerald simply does not have the gift of perspective. The rest of us understand that that an imaginary observer on the surface of the Sun would never see any retrogrades, but Gerald does not. It is no surprise that he gets it wrong, over and over again. Retrogrades from the earth, but none from the Sun. So simple, but well beyond his grasp. Gerald will BEVER understand this simple concept.

Perhaps his daughters should explain it to him...