Old July 1st 03, 06:15 PM
Bob Schmall

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK The No-Name Galaxy

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
om...
This week we feature "The No-Name Galaxy" NGC4565

Burnham says about this galaxy: " The largest of the edgewise spiral
galaxies, and undoubtedly the most famous object of its type."

I happen to think it is one of the most awe inspiring sights outside the
Milky Way.

A picture of NGC4565 was featured in Michener's "Space" (p.274)
as the great motivator of one of his heroes.

If this is true, one can't help but wonder why it has no name and I

propose
we solve that problem now.

LET'S GIVE IT A NAME!

Send me your suggestions and I will compile a list and see what we can

come
up with.

Schmidling's Galaxy. Seriously.

Bob Schmall