Old July 17th 05, 03:24 PM
George Dishman

"Jonathan Silverlight" wrote
in message ...
In message .com,
writes

I went through months explaining how the early heliocentrists adapted
the equable 24 hour day to indepedent axial rotation at 15 degrees per
hour and 24 hours/360 degrees in total while you lot swear blind that
the value is 23 hours 56 min 04 sec working off the celestial sphere.

I am not doing this again

I think you just did :-) Yet again, 23 hours 56 minutes in one sidereal
day, 24 hours in one solar day to allow for a little extra rotation as the
Earth goes round the Sun. It couldn't be simpler.

The funny thing is, if I understand what he
means by orbital orientation, he has been
posting the diagram that proves you right
while writing underneath that it proves you
wrong.

George