Old March 23rd 04, 01:53 PM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

Default MSNBC (JimO) - Hubble debate -- a lot of sound and fury

March 23, 2004

JimO wrote:

Hubble telescope's mission is dismaying, even heart-breaking. But even more
appalling has been the aftermath of the decision. While NASA made ghastly
blunders in announcing and explaining the decision to cancel a needed repair
mission, the public furor that has ensued is based on fundamental
misunderstandings and misconception mixed with posturing and politics.

Jim, there is nothing to debate. If NASA can't fly and existing system with
existing hardware to repair an existing space telescope, something they have
done several times in the past already, surely they can't get US to the Moon or
Mars with totally new hardware. Land on the Moon and Mars? What's up with that?
We want to fly in space, Jim, you know, floating, micro G, that kind of stuff. I
can get plenty of that gravity right here on Earth. I want NASA to protect the
home planet, as only NASA can, and they are doing damn little of that right now.

Jim, where is the SSTO? Where is the RLV? Where is the CRV? Where is the OSP?

Give US a break, ok? You're transparent. You're melting.

Danger, Will Robinson, Danger ...

Thomas Lee Elifritz
http://elifritz.members.atlatnic.net