Old February 22nd 07, 07:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
KLM[_4_]

Default ASTRO: NGC4631 pushed

This is an amazing photo to me.
jerry

Rick Johnson wrote:

This was taken from the same data as the color image. But when I pushed
it the colors went wild so converted it to black and white. Now instead
of the whale galaxy I see the bottle nosed dolphin galaxy complete with
tail flukes. Due to frost problems, mostly confined to the edges but
spotty throughout the image, I had to cut off the very dim part of the
data by subtracting a set amount from all pixels to get rid of the frost
effects. I need to redo this when the temp is warmer so more of the
faint tidal distortions can be seen. Still it shows a lot of distortion
in both galaxies.

14" LX200R@f/10, L=8x5' binned 2x2, STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick

[Image]