Old August 3rd 08, 04:58 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Good luck, Falcon 1

Alan Erskine wrote:

We'll have to wait for the failure analysis, but I'm guessing
there was a guidance system problem from the oscillations.

--Damon

Damn shame; they've done so much work, they deserve to succeed.

Here's a timeline of what was supposed to happen and when:
http://spaceflightnow.com/falcon/003/timeline.html
When the program got going, Elon Musk said he could afford three failed
launches... this is failed launch #3.
I'll bet they'll live to regret trying the second launch inside of a
hour after the aborted one without looking the vehicle over and trying
again tomorrow.
At this point, I'd be looking a bit askance at Falcon 9. ;-)

Pat