Old May 4th 08, 05:02 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Historic Cape Launch Tower Demolished (With Video Clip)

Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer) wrote:
Sure did. In 1983, in a TF-104G. N824NA, to be precise.

Look! It's the "Supersonic Teenager" Mk. 2.
Toni LeVier watch out.
Mary's at your six.
Squeal, Mary, squeal!:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...4757-1,00.html

"Boy, this is the most!" squealed Toni Ann LeVier, 18, whipping a
Lockheed TF-104G Super Starfighter through the supersonic corridor near
Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., at twice the speed of sound. Toni, a
Pasadena high school senior and very likely the world's fastest
teenager, held a pace of 1,325-1,350 m.p.h., with Dad as her copilot—and
Dad is Supersonic Flight Pioneer A. W. ("Tony") LeVier, 50, now
Lockheed-California's director of flying operations. With another
father-daughter stunt in the offing, a cross-country flight to Andrews
Air Force Base, Md., Toni nevertheless talks like a girl whose aims are
thoroughly down-to-earth. "I want to get my private pilot's license,"
says she, "but I think I'd rather be a mother than a jet pilot."

What they missed in the article was that Toni wanted to have a child by
each member of the Rolling Stones. :-D

Pat