Old October 27th 18, 12:51 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default US Air Force explores space-based cargo operations, confirms talks with SpaceX

In article ,
says...

"As for what space cargo operations could look like, the previous head of Air
Mobility Command, Gen. Carlton Everhart, espoused the possibility of moving cargo
using rockets during a Defense Writers Group breakfast in August."

"Apart from cargo operations, such a focuses space presence could help with pre-
positioning equipment and supplies in orbit, ready to be dropped to Earth."

See:

https://www.defensenews.com/digital-...s-with-spacex/

From above:

One potential would be SpaceX?s next-generation reusable
BFR rocket, currently under development. During the
roundtable, Miller confirmed that the Air Force had
spoken to SpaceX about the idea.

Interesting. Sounds like they're considering BFR as a military P2P
cargo transport. It would certainly be faster than any other form of
transport over great distances.

Jeff