Old December 23rd 06, 05:06 PM posted to sci.physics.relativityo,sci.physics,sci.astro
jem

Default Interpreting the MMX null result

jem wrote:
kenseto wrote:

"jem" wrote in message

jem wrote:

kenseto wrote:

"jem" wrote in message

kenseto wrote:

"jem" wrote in message

kenseto wrote:

jem wrote:

kenseto wrote:

that

there is no relative motion between the detector and the light rays
from
different directions within the plane of the arms.

Outside of Setoland, my parrotic pen pal, isotropy in the MMX means

that

there IS relative motion between the detector and the light rays from
different directions within the plane of the arms, and that the speed

of

that motion is constant.

OK....you got me. I should have said that isotropy means that light

from

different directions in the plane of the arms have the same relative
motion
wrt the detector.

Where "the same relative motion" means ...?

This is ridiculus:

That's one of your few accurate statements (spelling aside).

The detector detects the same relative velocity c from

different direction. That's why the same relative motion means.

No, Seto. "Relative motion" doesn't necessarily mean "relative
velocity", however if that's what you want it to mean in your revised
mantra, then your mantra is still wrong, since the relative velocities
of the light along the 2 MMX paths are not the same (because they're at
least directionally different).

Kind of hard to define your terms when you don't know what you're
talking about, isn't it Seto?

You are an arsehole an dyou are wasting my time.

*I'm* wasting *your* time, Seto? Did I waste your time by forcing you
to spend a dozen posts insisting on the correctness of your MMX mantra,
before you finally admitted it was wrong?

If, by some small chance, we can avoid spending another dozen posts
getting you to realize that your mantra term "relative motion" needs to
be replaced by "relative speed", then we can get back where we were some
12 posts ago, before I wasted so nuch of your time getting you to
recognize your mistakes.

You're so predictable, Seto - any time you find yourself too close to
recognizing that your world view is nonsense, you cover up your ears and
run away. Preserving delusions, as blatant as your's, isn't easy, is it?