Old September 14th 11, 06:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2

Default Size of New Found Planets,and Numbers

On Sep 14, 11:06*am, Painius wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:18:55 -0700 (PDT), "G=EMC^2"

wrote:
Well back in 2008 I read there were 50 Earth size planets 185 about 30%nlarger,and 640 about 2.2 times the size of Earth.Now we have ti Kepler saterlite I would like to know how many it has found in the last 3 years? *TreBert

Kepler was launched in March of 2009. *As of Sept. 2009, 1,235
planetary candidates circling 997 host stars had been discovered.
That's more than twice the number of the then known exoplanets. Those
results included 68 planetary candidates of Earth-like size and 54
planetary candidates in the Goldilocks Zone of their star.

As of this month, Kepler has found 1,781 planetary candidates.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_satellite

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine

WOW This is better than finding running water on Mars O ya TreBert