Old January 18th 07, 08:49 PM posted to sci.space.history
Andre Lieven

Default "The Future Was Fab"

Pat Flannery ) writes:
Andre Lieven wrote:
BTW, I found some Star Trek Remastered videos on YouTube, and one that was
of the demo reel that another firm did back in the late 90s. The title to
search for there is Star Trek "Doomsday Machine" CGI Updates.

I saw the whole episode back in late 98 if mmory serves. Note that in
that version, the Planet Killer is not a roughhewn horn shape, but is a
symmetrically designed craft. Seeing the Constellation's impulse nozzles
flaring was nifty.

I just watched it... I note they never show the Planet Killer shooting
its cutting beam.

I seem to recall it being in the whole episode version. It'd rather have
to be, as such a scene was in the original.

Like the design far better than the one on the original show though;
that looked pretty pathetic.

Have you seen the Remastered rendering yet ? I saw one there, but it doesn't
seem to be there now, But, theres a fan made one, with CGI, that runs 9:58.
Doomsday in Ten Minutes.

Andre