Old January 30th 18, 11:15 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Debbie Reynolds and Space History

In article ,
says...
That's the result you end up with when you fail to give due heed to the Molly Brown Spirit. Gus knew better. But I think he was willing to lay the lives of his crew on the line in hopes that this machine that was much bigger than him would change. Sadly, it was not until more tragedies culminating in 2003 that those changes would finally happen across NASA.

Now you're just trolling. Stop it.

I don't see how anyone who reads the words I post can arrive at a conclusion that the themes I have persistently been highlighting lack sincerity.

I have been a regular contributing member of this forum since 2001, and there is not a single example of a theme that I have highlighted that lacks sincerity.

You're taking footnotes in Space History and blowing them all out of
proportion and coming to the wrong conclusions. We all know about the
capsule Molly Brown and why it was named that way (after The Unsinkable
Molly Brown). It was because Liberty Bell 7 sank and the controversy
surrounding the sinking (some blamed Grissom).

NASA officially stopped naming Gemini capsules after the name Molly
Brown was chosen. They were kind of ****ed.

The Debbie Reynolds "connection" is coincidence. It could have been any
other actress and the capsule still would have been named Molly Brown
because of "The Unsinkable" to poke a stick in NASA management's eye.

I'll even provide a cite, which you failed to do:

https://vintagespace.wordpress.com/2...able-gusmobil/

Jeff