Old June 8th 11, 03:54 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.history
hanson

Default Private, uncrewed, suborbital test flights to start this year.

"Marvin the Martian" wrote:

BFD. I'm sorry, but there are private companies
out there putting things into orbit RIGHT NOW.
What this "Virgin Galactic" thing is,
is a big sounding rocket. BFD! They can't do NOW
with today's technology what NASA and North
American Aviation was doing in 1959 with the X-15.
This is literally half a century old technology here.

Why are people so fascinated with this silly program?

hanson wrote:
=1= for the same reason that Einstein Dingleberries
are so fascinated with Albert's Sphincter.
=2= for the same reason that Evangelicals
are so fascinated with their Jesus.
=3= for the same reason that Islamists
are so fascinated with their prophet.

Can't you see the pattern?
BFDealing, the "fan"-ing, the "me-too" habit is a
common, ancient and very widespread low cost,
low risk pastime. --- It's fundamentally based on
neural EM induction. No escape from it... ahahaha...

Reprieve:
To the credit of Private Orbital Delivery System
makers: They do it with a shoe string sized pauper
budget when compared to the Govt's X-15 program.
Thanks for the laughs, guy... ahahahanson